I’m currently sitting on a comfortable sofa with a cappuccino in my hand and my laptop on my lap, surrounded by people who are super concentrated, productive, hard-working, and entrepreneurial. I absolutely love it and I’m soaking it all in!
It’s a Saturday afternoon and yet this café is full of people who want to get their work done, whether it’s school work, a personal project, a plan for their startup, or even holding casual business meetings. These types of people are people who I admire. It feels like home away from home, since this is how I usually feel at my university, Northeastern: a place full of ambition, positive energy, and success (I miss it so much!).
I can’t believe that a place like this actually exists! I had been looking for something like this for a few weeks, and it was always right in my neighborhood – crazy, right?
If you’re looking for a place to get your work done (or to blog, like me!), come to the Anti-Café. Here’s how it works:
- You walk in and find a nice, cozy spot. There’s high tables, sofas, and lower tables.
- You give your name to the person who’s in the front. They’ll let you know that it’s 4 euros for the first hour you’re there and 3 euros for every subsequent hour. It’s 12 euros for a whole day pass.
- You grab some coffee, tea, or orange juice and some snacks like chips, bread, nuts, and pretzels (all included in the price!) – just serve yourself!
- Sit down with your laptop and connect to the wi-fi that’s also included in the price. Connect your laptop to a plug, and get working!
- If you need to scan or print, go ahead and do it!
- …And if you have a business card, make sure you stick it to the cork boards.
- When you’re all set, just go to the front, give them your first name, and pay for the amount of hours you’ve been there.
- Walk out with a huge smile knowing you’ve been productive on a weekend – what an amazing feeling!
À la prochaine, mes amis! (’til next time, my friends!)
P.S.: The address is 79 rue de Quincampoix, 75003 Paris. And don’t forget the alternative Starbucks if this is too expensive!